Marketing & Advertising Manager "Digital Content Coordinator"
The Digital Content Coordinator (DCC) supports the Department’s strategic marketing and communications efforts and plays a key role in demonstrating the Department’s value to the public. The DCC is responsible for long-term planning and strategy for the Department’s digital communications — including website, social media, email, etc. — to ensure methods are thoughtful and effective to promote the Department’s mission, goals, programs and activities. The DCC actively participates in developing new ideas and valuable content to ensure effective delivery of communications that result in significant and measurable improvements in broadening audience attention and engagement in support of established goals. The Digital Content Coordinator supervises and provides day-to-day backup to the website content and social media teams both as a team leader and through the use of content management systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Driving the measurement, evaluation and reporting of digital marketing and communications efforts, and monitoring effectiveness, reviewing metrics and revising communication strategies based on results.
● Developing, maintaining, implementing and updating long-term planning and strategy for the Department’s digital communications.
● Supervising the web content and social media managers and supporting them in the day-to-day work and needs.
● Copywriting for numerous digital platforms based on the best practices for each.
The candidate should have knowledge of: communications, social media and outreach/engagement principles, practices, and procedures; professional applications of research and writing skills; online platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and insight into their formats, audiences and usage standards. The candidate must have experience developing and implementing long-term communications strategies tied to goals.
The candidate should have skill in: social media, digital marketing and analytics and using measurement and analytical tools to assess outcomes and modify strategies; working with website content platforms and making updates to websites (no development/HTML required); working with social media management platforms; working with email marketing development and email marketing tools; using computer hardware and software, including Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and other applications (Mac & PC).
The candidate must have the ability to lead a team in a positive, engaging manner; communicate complex concepts in clear, expressive language understandable to the public. The candidate must: be well organized and detail oriented, be able to prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines; write and produce well-written, engaging copy and creative content for different audiences according to Associated Press style guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be:
● Mission-driven with a passion for conserving and protecting Arizona’s wildlife resources.
● An experienced team leader who works collaboratively, fosters a positive work environment and finds success in the team’s work.
● Comfortable providing strategic support and performing the direct day-to-day work as necessary.
● Able to work seamlessly with numerous internal groups including Creative, Marketing and Public Affairs.
● Able to communicate complex information in a meaningful way to diverse online audiences using excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, or related area AND three years of experience working across a variety of digital marketing areas, such as web content, digital media, social media, email, etc., AND three years of supervisor experience.
Position requires possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
TO APPLY GO TO: AZSTATEJOBS.GOV
CLICK ON CURRENT OPENINGS; CLICK ON DEPARTMENTS AND SELECT GAME AND FISH DEPT FROM DROPDOWN.