Communications & Digital Content Administrator
At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff.
This position serves as the Communications & Digital Content Administrator for the agency, supports the agency's strategic marketing and communications efforts and plays a key role in demonstrating the agency’s value to, and keeping the agency connected with, Arizonans. In this role, you will plan, develop, and evaluate content and campaigns to promote ADEQ’s mission, goals, programs and activities and will be responsible for the agency’s social media accounts, digital marketing strategy, and contribute to other multifaceted, media relations and strategic communications projects aligned with ADEQ’s brand standards. You will actively participate in developing new ideas and valuable content to ensure delivery of communications that result in significant and measurable improvements in broadening audience attention and engagement in support of established goals.
This position may be required to travel statewide and attend meetings and events outside of normal working hours, and respond to urgent situations during evenings, weekends and holidays.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Mission-driven with a passion for protecting and enhancing public health and the environment.
• A team player who is organized, creative, and self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and collaboratively, and will thrive in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven environment.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
• A skilled communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Comfortable working independently and collaboratively, providing strategic support and performing the direct day-to-day work necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the agency's official social media accounts including developing, driving, and evaluating editorial strategies, producing and posting content, and providing strategic thinking.
• Develop and execute social media campaigns to support key initiatives and programs, including developing creative and message execution.
• Develop engaging and informative text, graphics and video content; monitor and respond to inquiries received on social media, and escalate issues as needed; engage with stakeholders; and track and report social media effectiveness.
• Under general direction, manage, create, review, edit, fact check and distribute news releases, story pitches, and other publicity materials. Advise on targeting stories in support of strategic initiatives to appropriate media.
• Works collaboratively across the organization to write, edit, and produce messaging and content for a wide range of print and electronic communications for internal and external audiences.
• Helps drive the measurement, evaluation, and reporting of all marketing and communications efforts and monitors campaign effectiveness, reviews metrics, and revises communication strategies based on results.
• Track media engagement and coverage and prepare media monitoring reports.
• Knowledge of communications, social media and public/media relations principles, practices, and procedures; professional applications of research and writing skills, media tactics (interview techniques and preparation)
• Knowledge of online platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, CRMs and Meltwater) and insight into their formats, audiences, and usage standards.
• Skill in social media, digital marketing and analytics and using measurement and analytical tools and assess outcomes and modify strategies
• Skill in computer hardware and software, including MS Office, Adobe & Google Suites and other applications and programming for desktop publishing, graphic design, web page creation and editing, and video, photo and audio production hardware, software and formats (Mac & PC)
• Ability to write and produce well-written, engaging copy and creative content for different audiences according to Associated Press style guidelines
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear, expressive language understandable to the public and media; well-organized and detail-oriented; prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, digital media, advertising or a closely related field; 5 years’ recent professional work experience in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, media coverage or related area.
• Demonstrated experience required in working in a position dealing with topics under public and media scrutiny; or any combination of education, training and experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Senior HR Analyst