Specialist, Marketing & Member Education Programs
The Specialist, Marketing & Member Education Programs position supports the development, implementation, and marketing of NCPDP Education Programs, under the direction of the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications & Education Programs. This position proactively collaborates with staff to develop and schedule webinars, coordinate and communicate with speakers, secures educational session materials on deadline for accreditation, and manages logistics of hosting webinars, an annual Education Summit and other education programs. Additional key responsibilities are writing and editing marketing materials for education programs and other communications as needed for delivery to NCPDP members and the broader healthcare industry. Our candidate must have strong organizational and project management skills, a customer-service mindset, business writing and copy writing experience, business communication skills, plus an ability to process technical information and develop strong working relationships. This position also requires an ability to work independently, conduct research, and exercise strong judgment and initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for implementing NCPDP Member Education Programs, including more than eight (8) webinars a year, an annual Education Summit, Annual Conference continuing education sessions, and joint educational programs with other healthcare organizations. This involves speaker coordination and communication, scheduling, acquisition of Continuing Education accreditation on deadline, tracking registration and attendance, hosting webinars and uploading and maintaining on-demand webinars on the NCPDP website.
• Responsible for developing, writing, editing, and distributing digital marketing materials through multiple channels to promote member and non-member industry attendance for NCPDP educational events and programs. This includes email marketing, news briefs for the member e-newsletter, an e-brochure for the Educational Summit and Annual Conference, social media posts, and updates to the NCPDP website.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a slide resource library to ensure organization-wide consistency in messaging and accompanying visuals in PowerPoint presentations.
• Responsible for reviewing and editing speakers’ PowerPoint presentations for formatting and consistency.
• Responsible for developing reports in PowerPoint format.
• May be responsible for creating new PowerPoint presentations, working with a subject matter expert or content provider.
• Responsible for updating the NCPDP website events calendar, webinar registration pages and promotions and Educational Summit promotions, as well as Annual Conference educational session promotions on the Annual Conference microsite.
• Responsible for registering attendees for NCPDP’s webinars, Educational Summit and Annual Conference. This includes monitoring, tracking and regular reporting on registration progress to measure against attendance and financial goals to inform marketing efforts.
• Under direction of Senior Manager, Marketing Communications & Education Programs, responsible to assist with writing news briefs and other marketing materials as needed.
• Responsible for various duties onsite during the Annual Conference, such as signage, assisting stage manager, assisting production of awards event, coordinating with photographer, sending daily email, managing track session presentations, and other duties as directed by the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications & Education Programs, and other Communications team leadership.
• Responsible for providing support to Meeting Planning in packing and shipping materials to NCPDP Quarterly Work Group Meetings and Annual Conference.
• From time to time this position must perform other duties that may be assigned by the President & CEO; Executive Vice President and GM; Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning and Communication, Senior Vice President, Business Development; or Director, Communications & Marketing.
• Education/Experience: Experience planning, managing and marketing association- or company-sponsored education programs for members and/or professionals desired. Experience with basic website updates is a plus.
• Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of the healthcare industry, along with healthcare writing preferred. Interest in education, healthcare and information technology a plus.
• Education/Experience: B.A. in Marketing, Communications or related experience required, with 3 to 5 years of experience in communications, email marketing, business or copywriting, and project management.
• Knowledge: Working knowledge of social media writing and posting preferred, webinars and virtual meetings/events, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products.
• Skills: Must possess strong verbal communication, business and marketing writing and editing skills, with the ability to ensure consistency across communications. Must be a pro-active, detail-oriented planner, with strong organizational skills. The position requires the ability to establish good working relationships and interact effectively, respectfully, and courteously with a wide range of people, including staff, Subject Matter Experts, NCPDP members, committee chairs, consultants/vendors, and the public.
The position is full-time. Due to the requirements of the job, the position will reside in the Scottsdale, AZ office, under a hybrid work model.