Kiterocket, a fast-growing PR and marketing agency specializing in the sustainable consumer, technology, and renewable energy industries, is seeking an Account Director to join our Technology practice in our Phoenix office.
We—are a team of engaged and connected experts who bring exceptional ideas and execution to the table to provide measurable and meaningful impact for our clients, making us a valued partner and trusted ally.
You—are a talented team player who can deliver on the above promises, show an unparalleled work ethic and ability to keep organized across several accounts and work harmoniously with internal teams to maximize client results. Your main mission is to adeptly provide support to account managers, PR Managers and digital peers to execute a full range of PR and marketing activities, while establishing a solid knowledge base in the communications world as you seek to grow your career.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively serve as a trusted day-to-day contact for anchor accounts; on other accounts, work closely with account managers to oversee client communication and maintain positive relationships
- Effectively manage account teams to service scope of work contracts you are assigned, with outcomes that meet and beat client expectations
- Understand and lead teams to apply traditional and emerging tactics and tools across the communications spectrum to execute client plans, which may span: profile building, media/influencer relations, social media, content/inbound marketing, email marketing, SEO, event planning and other related activities
- Develop comprehensive and cohesive annual and project-based client plans, including tactics, targets, measurement metrics, timing and budget to ensure the agency can successfully execute on promises it makes to your assigned clients
- Take the lead in developing client messaging and positioning, working with other team members to create drafts and further their skill sets
- Review and approve all high-level plans, messaging documents, press releases and other critical documents prior to going to the client, ensuring deliverables align with client brand, positioning and goals, and meet high quality standards
- Review and provide helpful feedback to team members on best practices to develop a full array of client execution assets, including: press releases/materials/pitches; marketing collateral; event plans; media lists; messaging documents; social media content; creative briefs; design and website deliverables; other routine assets
- Oversee others to manage creative projects and deliverables, ensuring there is a clear creative idea and direction to execute against, with visual and copy alignment
- Oversee account managers to develop and maintain comprehensive workback plans and project management inputs so all account team members clearly understand their roles, assignments and expectations on client work
- Oversee team allocation hours on the accounts you are assigned, working with Director counterparts to ensure team members are not overcommitted across their client duties, and proper bandwidth is provided to produce high quality work within deadlines
- Monitor client fee and hard-costs budgets to ensure the agency stays within parameters; bring issues to management attention and work with them to implement client conversations when budgets shift or overages need to be addressed
- Typically, 10+ years of PR/marketing management experience with a track record of increased management responsibility, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in PR, communications or related field
- Platform/tools/software experience with the following, or similar: Microsoft Office with advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel; media and influencer databases; social media platforms; project management software
- Critical skill set: PR/marketing strategy development, reporting and analytics; in-depth knowledge of PR and digital marketing tactics; team leadership and mentorship; budget and resource management; client relationship management and development; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including AP style mastery; executive-level presentation development and delivery
- Able to travel on a semi-regular basis
Interested applicants, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Account Director, Phoenix” in the subject line.