$73,000+ Depending on Experience
November 17, 2021
Are you a PR pro? We are hiring a Full-Time Senior Communications Specialist working out of Phoenix!
EPCOR’s award-winning Public & Government Affairs team is evolving. As we take big steps to build our brand and push into new spaces, we’re looking for great people to help us drive EPCOR’s vision through best-in-class marketing, communications and leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs, the Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for delivering integrated communications and developing strategies and creative solutions that enhance and protect EPCOR’s brand, reputation and business to our colleagues, customers, external stakeholders and the public.
You are EPCOR’s face and voice on matters affecting our business, customers, and community. Your ability to explain situations and complex technical information in simple terms is stellar. This comes from a deep understanding of who we are, what we do and what we believe in. It also comes from your strong background in navigating traditional and new media landscapes. You will be a trusted voice, even in times of crisis and emergency.
Issue Manager and Strategist
You enjoy a fast-paced environment and you are skilled at handling operational incidents that come with the day-to-day delivery of essential utility or business services. You respond in real time to meet the information needs of reporters on deadline and the immediacy of customers on social media. A key strategist on our team, you are a critical thinker and a seasoned issues manager who takes a big picture, long-view look at public issues affecting EPCOR’s brand, reputation and business. Building strategies, plans, message decks, briefings and other tools of the trade are second nature to you.
EPCOR has great stories to tell, and you know how to share these with the world. We will look to you to develop creative internal and external opportunities for our many communications, sponsorship and community investment initiatives and you’ll guide and develop customer communications. Your proven ability to use social media and other digital tools to engage audiences – and your talent as a writer – will be keys to your success.
The best solutions are ones that reflect different perspectives. You are a collaborator and relationship builder – someone who recognizes the importance of reaching out to others for input. In your work, you will need to work across corporate and business units, and with individuals at every level in our organization. Beyond EPCOR, you will play a key role in establishing EPCOR as a trusted community partner, bringing our brand to the community and collaborating with our Directors of Operations and Government Relations to forge and sustain key relationships.
Leader and Collaborator
You will lead customer and external communications, community relations and media / social media for key and growing areas of our water business as a member of the Public Affairs team. As a key team member, you’ll have opportunities to support creative communications and projects for other areas of EPCOR’s business and you’ll be part of the communications team responsible for emergency and on-call media / social media response.
• Experience with internal employee communication
• Advanced experience in developing and putting in motion multi-layered plans to achieve targeted results and success
• Experience serving as spokesperson and/or community representative
• Solid understanding of the media landscape and exceptional media pitching, news judgement, writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to maximize coverage over multiple news, social media and other external communications channels.
• Superior writing, editing, proofing and researching skills with the ability to reach a variety of targeted internal and external audiences
• Creative and results-driven approach
• Excellent verbal communication skills; articulate, quick to formulate responses, and solid presentation skills
• Outstanding planning and organizational skills
• Experience managing digital, design and other vendors
• Strong use of social media and other digital platforms, and an understanding of how and when to use these channels to reach audiences
• Experience using Microsoft Office and SharePoint (Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, too)
• Experience managing brand-aligned video and photography projects, Social Bakers or other social media dashboard management tools desired but not required
• Experience with and understanding of the water industry considered a bonus
• Solid grasp of Spanish language is an asset, but not required
• Understanding of the governmental landscape is an asset, but not required
• 4-year degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Business/Corporate Communications or closely related field • 5+ years of progressive communications and issues management experience, preferably in a business or the utility industry
Apply today: www.epcor.com/careers Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will be temporarily working from home. Based in the Phoenix office, with the ability to travel outside of and within the Phoenix-metro area as needed. There will be occasions where events or initiatives occur outside of normal business hours. Please note the following information: • A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the United States. • If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, driving, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. • To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-employment drug testing will be required.