$55-65k depending on experience
Northwest Credit Union Association
March 16, 2022
Are you a natural wordsmith and talented writer who is waiting for a unique opportunity to represent something you can believe in? Want to find a career that is meaningful and enables you to make a difference? The Northwest Credit Union Association has a new opportunity in the Communications/Marketing Department for an experienced Communications Manager.
As not-for-profit, member-owned cooperatives, credit unions are more than financial services providers. They are socially responsible pillars in their communities, helping consumers achieve financial wellness while positively impacting the areas they serve. When you join the Northwest Credit Union Association, you play a critical role in supporting the region’s credit unions, so they can continue to do what they do best.
If you’re juiced by prose, believe great writing is the reason behind everything good, and can write quickly capturing the nuances needed to motivate various audiences, this role may be perfect for you.
As Communications Manager at NWCUA, you’ll:
• Serve as editor and primary writer for NWCUA’s weekly newsletter, Anthem, tailored to senior leadership and credit union employees, industry regulators, and trade press. Conduct interviews, research, and write assigned articles. Content includes credit union accomplishments and best practices, professional development opportunities, community impact projects, and regulatory, compliance, and advocacy updates.
• Manage Anthem’s editorial content calendar, develop story ideas, and lead weekly editorial meetings. Coordinate articles with outside contributors and freelancers, and edit all submitted content for voice, tone, clarity, style, and length.
• Develop Anthem's weekly news budget, ensure photos are identified for each story, captions are written, and guidance is given to the design team. Oversee quality control of stories as they are posted online and the design and content of the newsletter’s weekly email.
• Serve as a “beat reporter” for various verticals, as assigned, by gaining consistent subject matter expertise, providing communications counsel to teammates, covering relevant news, and developing and positioning articles to make member credit unions aware of the value of the Association’s offerings.
• Work with Communications Director and Marketing team to develop fresh and effective e-marketing content that achieves business goals.
• Write print and video scripts for online campaigns and special events, such as the annual MAXX Convention, virtual meetings, and other events that bring credit union executives together.
Our ideal candidate will have five years or more of experience in communications, stellar writing skills, works well under deadlines, and can write everything from news releases to social media content to print and digital marketing collateral. An ability to balance multiple tasks on deadline is critical. Experience in implementing editorial calendars, multimedia content creation, and overall digital content management is preferred.
This candidate will be intrepid; have a four-year degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, or equivalent work experience; and B2B content creation experience.
Salary ranges from $55-$65K, depending on experience. NWCUA offers a generous benefits package including employer-paid medical/dental, 401k match, paid vacation, and much more. We offer a smart working environment which provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position is offered the flexibility of working remotely or in one of our regional offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA). NWCUA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job number #3438 in the subject line of your email.